Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cheap Air Tickets

Shelling out on air-tickets pinches me real bad. It kills the joy, and even chances, of impulsive travel. And looking for good deals is such a chore esp when you have a busy schedule at work. Plus, I can think of hundred different ways of spending that money otherwise !
If you feel the same as I do then here are some sites where you have maximum chances of getting tickets at a reasonable rate :

www.momondo.com
www.lastminute.com
www.air-gorilla.com
www.lowestfare.com
www.airticketsdirect.com
www.lastminutedeals.com
www.sidestep.com
www.tripstalker.com - an application that you can download for free. Also allows you to set a "notify" price. When your airfare stalk drops below your "notify" price, TripStalker will automatically alert you that the price you are looking for is available.
www.onetravel.com
www.itn.net
www.previewtravel.com
www.americanexpress.com/travel
www.travelweb.com
www.mobissimo.com
www.cheapoair.com

Some pointers :

1) Avoid weekend travel. Look for tickets 1 day before or after
2) Tickets for red-eye flights are a lot cheaper, but it costs you a good night's sleep.
3) Traveling on long weekends is expensive. Again, look for tickets 1 day before or after.
4) Check for rates to nearby airports as well.
5) Some of the sites mentioned above do not list all airlines / sometimes the airline website offers cheaper rates. So check their website as well.
6) I have heard that airlines regularly release new fares on Wed mornings. I haven't tried it yet, but if you try before me, let me know if it's true!
That's all I can think of for now ... will keep adding more sites and pointers as and when I discover them.

No comments: