Thursday, June 14, 2007

Photons of happiness

Believe it or not , I was cooking the other day. Yes. And my landlord was so impressed to find me in the kitchen that he got me a new apron and a bunch of fresh roses from his garden ! Sweet. And the Biryani turned out fabulous.

A couple of days later when the roses started wilting, I took the petals and put them in the Sangria jug and some in a vase. Not only have those beautiful orange, red, pink and yellow petals brightened up that corner of my house, they work great as pot pouri.

And today when I went to Bed Bath and Beyond, I actually remembered to bring along the discount coupon. This is the first time in all these years when I didn’t walk into a store and slap my head for not carrying a coupon.
(What remains off the record is that I didn’t really need anything but since I was carrying the voucher I ended up making a purchase! )

Not really sure how it works but I somehow feel good about all this. Small nothings, yes that’s what they are but they instill in me a sense of achievement. For now at least :-)

No comments: