Thursday, August 09, 2007

Little deeds of kindness...

It’s peak-time on an interstate with bumper to bumper traffic, everyone in a race against time wanting to reach their destinations before the clock strikes late. Suddenly you hear sirens wailing from behind and all cars dutifully move to the side of the road to let these emergency vehicles pass before the engines rev up again.

And while it may be the law that requires you to do so, it’s this basic goodness or call it a simple act of obedience that leaves me feeling warm and content knowing that I played my part in doing at least one good deed that day. I’ll never know but I might have just saved a life by sacrificing ten seconds of my time.

While there are countless such things people do in their everyday lives which, I’m positive, add value in one way or the other I find this the most touching. Almost makes me wish that every country had a law like this to make sure timely attention got to the needy.

No comments: