Thursday, September 11, 2008

Examination Hysteria - Flashback of a Flush

I was ready to LOL after reading this news piece when suddenly empathy kicked in and my first day of Grade X examination came to mind. Our examination centre was at a different school campus, the subject was HINDI, and yours truly was truly a bundle of nerves. Palpitation, parched throat, sweaty palms ... all the classic symptoms.

While I'm no Kalidas in Hindi, getting decent grades wasn't really an impossible task , but the nerves ... they probably had reasons to believe otherwise! The Hindi teacher came up to my desk looking concerned, bent down and whispered into my ears in Hindi : ' None of my students have ever done badly. Please don't set a precedence.'
So much for encouragement !

Result day : I scored 54 / 100 !! That's a long way from 'Barely passed' ... that's scoring more 50%!! 'Chaupan Prateeshat'.

Also earned a 'THANK YOU' (or was it thank GOODNESS!) smile from my teacher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol...that was a fun read. I suffer from exam phobia too and Hindi was my least favorite subject back in school. I flunked once in Hindi. Anyways...embarrassing academic pitfalls aside...loved your blog. Do check out my post on exam phobia too. http://quirkymon.wordpress.com/2009/01/13/exam-phobia/